5 Features I Like of LUMOS TEMPO Wireless Earbuds

 [Product Review]



Most of us might have gone back to work, but we are bound to still have zoom meetings, conference calls, and talking on the phone on the go. Wireless earbuds have become part of our daily life, from listening to music, watching dramas, talking on the phone to virtual meetings. I use them often enough to conclude what are the important features that I look at in selecting wireless earbuds.

On our recent trip to Australia, AJ and I brought our LUMOS TEMPO Wireless Earbuds along because both of us have virtual meetings to attend while holidaying (yes, you hear me right). 


Who is LUMOS?

LUMOS is a proud home-grown Singaporean brand. The brand started with affordable, yet quality home cinema projector. Its direct-to-consumer business model enables the brand to sell without the middleman. So, we as consumers, get those items at a great price!

LUMOS launched another product recently – TEMPO Wireless Earbuds. This is the one we brought along to our Australia trip.


I have my own checklist when selecting wireless earbuds, and here they are:


Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) 

ANC is a must-to-have and my most important criteria because filtering away surrounding noise is important for me to hear clearly, whether it be for a meeting, call conversation, listening to music, or watching dramas. Filtering out surrounding noise also means one can concentrate better. I must say, LUMOS TEMPOS has a high-quality ANC capability. According to the specifications, it says it can cancel up to 42db of noise (the industry average is 30db). I do not have any device to measure that, but my ears have testified that it is of very high quality.



Battery Life

I do not charge my earbuds every day, so having one that has a long battery life span is essential. LUMOS TEMPO packs in 30 hours of battery life, so if you are not a heavy user, the wireless earbuds could last you a week before the next charge.  This feature is all the more important when we travel, which we have experienced on our recent trip.



IPX5 Sweat & Water Resistance

Because I am a sporty person, and I perspire easily, having Sweat & Water Resistance earbuds is important for me. An IPX5 rating means the earbuds can resist a sustained, low-pressure water jet spray, i.e. light rain. It is splashproof/sweatproof, not waterproof, so it is great for exercise but not swimming. Frankly, if you have wireless earbuds that have ratings less than IPX5, you are being short-changed.


High-Definition (HD) 6-Mic Callings

LUMOS TEMPO Wireless Earbuds has a 3-mic setup on each earbud, as compared to most in the market with only 2-mic on each side. Thus, our voices can be picked up and delivered clearer and sharper during calls.  I have no complaints from phone recipients about my voice and I did not have to project my voice louder to be heard. This is so important in packed public transport. Just imagine the embarrassment one has to face and the death stares!



Ergonomic Design of the Ear Buds

One thing I really love about TEMPOS LUMOS Wireless Earbuds has to be its design. No, I am not referring to its aesthetics, it is the ergonomic design I am referring to. I have tried quite a few types of wireless buds, and utterly hate it when the earbuds kept slipping off my ears! With TEMPOS LUMOS, I do not have this problem at all! In fact, never even once did it slips off my ear. I am loving it!



Psst! LUMOS is currently holding a promotion, hop over to its website for more details.


LUMOS


Comments

Popular Posts