Kong Hwa School

This had to be one of my most memorable experiences. I had signed up as parent volunteer with Kong Hwa School & had fulfilled my obligations of >40 hours. And so, the boy was eligible for phase 2B of P1 registration.

Basing on past statistics, there was never in history a case where there was a balloting needed for phase 2B within 1km. So I was pretty confident of AJ getting into this school.

Lo & behold, that day 19th July 2012, the whole family went to the school for registration happily. By 20th July 2012, I was so shocked to know that there were 62 applicants in this phase within 1km applying for 41 vacancies! That means, a balloting process was needed! Oh! How depressing! I was dismayed - it was a two-third chance.


The fateful day came - 25 th July 2012. I went to witness the balloting process. I was trying to calm myself, trusting that the Lord will guide us along the way. When I heard his number being called out, I burst into tears! It was a moment of mixed feelings - joy & relief. I have learnt that I should never take things for granted. Though past statistics have shown favourable results for phase 2B, I should not be overly confident but to commit everything unto the Lord. Thank God for teaching me this lesson & was merciful unto us.

Pray that AJ will settle well into the school & that he will do well in school, bringing glory to Him the Almighty.






Comments

Popular Posts