With the hype of Legoland in Singapore, it looked like a must-go for all parents with young children. And so, my church friend & I planned for a day trip for both families to visit this theme park.
We purchased our tickets through Groupon though you could also buy it directly from the travel agency which works with Groupon. There is no difference in pricing.
And off we went on 21 Sept 2012.
Legoland is indeed very near 2nd link. It only took us about 10-15mins from the custom of Malaysia at 2nd link to reach there. You should consider driving there instead, if you own a car. It gives you a lot more flexibility in terms of logistic planning. For direction, you may visit this mommy’s blog (she used 1st link though).
The Legoland is not that big, you can easily tour the entire compound in a day. Not all the rides are open though; some parts are still under construction.
There are 6 themes, namely, Miniland, Lego City, Land of Adventure, Imagination, Lego Kingdom & Lego Technic. The older kids would prefer Lego Technic. Overall, the theme park is suitable for 2-12 YO, older children will find the rides & attractions not challenging. Please do not compare Legoland with Universal Studio in RWS; the target markets are totally different.
If you are planning a trip there, it would be good to bring these along:
(1) Sun block (must have! There are very few trees around & most of them are young. They do not provide you with shades at all;
(2) Hats/caps to block out the sun;
(3) Umbrellas (it may rain, & few shelters there for you to hide. Plus, you can use them for shade)
(4) Water bottles (& lots of them. Heavy to bring along, but you will go back pretty light);
(5) Extra change of clothes if you want to enjoy the water rides.
(6) Ringgit to buy food, snack, drinks & souvenirs;
(7) Last but not lest, camera, of course!
Here are the photos:
Some photos taken at Miniland
Stunt show at City Stage in Lego City
Boating School at Lego City
Driving School at Lego City
Lego Rescue Academy at Lego City
Dino Island at Land of Adventure
Beetle Bounce at Land of Adventure
Bird's Eye View from Observation Tower in Imagination
The boys building Lego cars in Build & Test in Imagination
Kid Power Towers in Imagination
Duplo Express in Imagination
Royal Joust in Lego Kingdom