Staycation at Sunway Resort Hotel

[Media Review]


We have been to Kuala Lumpur (KL) umpteen times because AJ’s grandparents live there. But, I am embarrassed to say, we have not really explored KL like a tourist until this trip in June 2017 when we spent a week there. And the bonus is: I managed to squeeze in a night stay in Sunway Resort Hotel.


Magnificent Sunway


This was our first time to Sunway City (so suaku right?) and it is so big that I think I need 3 full days to explore. Sunway City township sprawls over 800 acre with an integration of 3 hotels (Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel), conference and convention centres, a theme park, a mega shopping and entertainment mall, medical centre and educational facilities.  


Sunway Resort Hotel - Premier Park View Suite



The flagship hotel in Sunway City is this 5-star Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa. It is one of the most iconic hotel in KL, with a dramatic neo classical facade. The hotel offers 468 guestrooms, suites and pool villas. All guestrooms are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi, satellite television, in-room electronic safe deposit box, coffee and tea making facilities and a mini-bar.


With daily supply of tea, coffee and fruits, and the sumptuous buffet breakfast,
I felt that I could skip lunch to save the calories :P


The bathroom is huge! Even bigger than some bedrooms in some new condos!


The 3 hotels are within easy access of Sunway Lagoon and Sunway Pyramid Mall. The 88-acre Sunway Lagoon offers over 90 rides and attractions! The Sunway Pyramid Mall has over 900 specialty stores, 170 food and beverage outlets, ice-skating rink, 48-lane bowling centre, 12-screen cineplex and much more. So now you know why I said 3 days here? I think 3 days could be an understatement too.

Our room overlooked the Sunway Lagoon.
Every time I looked at it, I had the urge to plunge into the water.


Leisure facilities that are directly accessible from the Hotel include an oversized free-form landscaped swimming pool with cascading waterfall with an attached children's pool, a fitness centre and a Balinese-inspired Mandara Spa.


Such inviting pool! Needless to say, AJ couldn't wait to dip into it!





The fitness centre, overlooking the pool, is huge too!
I wish I had the time to stay on. I was so tempted to join the classes and try out the equipment!




Located adjacent to The Villas is this Mandara Spa, which renders a spa setting that is as luscious as its menu of treatments. The Spa features over 30 treatments from RM300 up. It is open daily from 10am to 9pm. 




Taking this shot before my spa experience started.


My me-time while the husband took the boy to swim :)

The Resort Cafe - the hotel's all-day dining restaurant is where we had our buffet breakfast. It also serves a la carte specialities. What impressed me is not just the buffet breakfast spread (Malaysian, Asian, Middle East and Western cuisines), it is also the top-notch service level. The service staff paid attention to families with young children and they even remember the guests' names!




So wide a selection, I was spoilt for choices! 







I have never been happier staying in a hotel in KL like Sunway Resort Hotel. Given a choice, I would definitely opt for a 3D2N stay than a 2D1N stay. Sunway City has so much to offer that it wouldn't do it a justice to simply stay for a night. You hear me, husband? Or the son can consider studying here in Sunway University (affiliated with Monash University) and mama gets to stay here (but long way to go)!



Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa



Comments

Popular Posts