I Love this Sudio Elva Wireless Earbuds with Neckband

 [Product Review]


Enjoy 15% discount when you checkout with the discount code “wireless15”



I prefer wireless earbuds with neckband (or cord) when I am doing outdoor exercises. I generally only carry my phone (and mask now) when I am out for a run, thus, I could simply let the cord of the wireless earbuds hanging around my neck when not in use. It is a lot more convenient than having to carry a pod to keep the earbuds. The last I had such was
Sudio Tre in 2018. I adore it so much. So glad that Sudio sent me this Elva which is launched today.


Here's what in the box:
  • Elva neckband earphones
  • Flyg Bluetooth flight adaptor
  • USB-A male to female adaptor (for Sudio Elva)
  • USB-C to USB-A (for Sudio Flyg)
  • 5 + 1 pairs of ear tips
  • Elva Owner’s Guide
  • Flyg Owner’s Guide
  • Warranty card and information

As I tried Elva over the last few days, I discovered a few interesting improvements/ observations/ features.

1. Magnetic Nodes
Besides the beauty of a neckband, Elva has 2 adjustable magnetic nodes, one on each side of the anti-tangle cord. We could connect these 2 nodes together to better secure the cord. It is a very thoughtful feature, I find. Hey, it could double up as an accessory for the ladies as well!


2. Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
Ever since I was pampered with Sudio Ett on this feature, it is now a must-have for me. While the ANC does not resume when I was interrupted with a call with Ett, I am pleasantly surprised with Elva, ANC does resume when I have answered a call. This improvement is definitely appreciated.

Like in Ett, when we activate ANC, the overall volume does increase. I did notice that the ANC in Elva is not as powerful as Ett when I tested it on the train. I could still hear a little of my neighbour's voice (an elderly lady) when she was talking loudly on the phone. But it did not quite bother me enough to distract me from my music. 

3. Decent Playtime
Elva promises a quick charge of 2 hours to give us up to 11 hours of playtime or 10 hours with ANC. I did not try playing it non-stop for 10 hours, I only used it when I was out for exercise, running errands or at home having zoom meetings, and webinars. I did observe that I did not have to charge it for a week with these on/off usage. To me, this is decent enough that I did not have to charge it frequently.

4. The Charging Mode
Elva has a rather unique way of charging. To charge, we have to detach the left earbud, connect the right piece to the USB-A to USB-C charging adapter provided. 



5. IPX 5 (splash/rain/sweat proof)
IPX is a global waterproof rating standard. Having IPX 5 means Elva could resist a sustained, low-pressure water jet spray. That means to say, you could bring it out for a run, even if it happens to rain while you jog.

6. Flyg Bluetooth Adaptor
Flyg Bluetooth Adapter allows us to connect to any analog device, such as a gaming console that does not have a built-in bluetooth feature. I plugged it into my desktop computer and it pairs up with all of my bluetooth earpieces at home. 

7. Call Quality
Call quality is good. The recipient complimented my voice as clear, even when I was talking inside the train with a mask on.  


It is a common feedback that Elva's sound quality on treble is not as fantastic. But, by activating ANC, the overall sound performance becomes more balance. I would prefer to have ANC on. My usual types of music are sentimental and piano pieces, so the treble quality does not affect me.
  
The only hassle for me is keeping the neckband in my bag. It cannot be winded up like a regular pair of wired headphones due to its stiffness. I guess I would have to wear it as a neck accessory if I need to wear it out.

As usual, Sudio offers free international shipment, 1-year international warranty, and 30-days return policy. For now, you will get a free black card case with every purchase.

Enjoy 15% discount when you checkout with the discount code “wireless15”


Sudio




Comments

Popular Posts