Kidsfest - I Believe In Unicorns

[Event Announcement]


Kidsfest 2016 is here in Singapore once again, this year starting from 21st January to 14th Feburary. This world-class festival for families returns with six theatre productions, one of which is I Believe in Unicorns, a tale about the power of books, and the bravery of a young boy called Tomas.



Tomas hates reading and school, but his world is turned upside down the day he meets the Unicorn Lady in his local library. An enchanting and interactive production, I Believe in Unicorns, which won an Argus Angel Award for Artistic Excellence at Brighton Festival, sparks imagination in both young and old. AJ and I both read the book, and we love this captivating story that was set against the backdrop of war-torn Europe. With simple sentences, this makes a great book for children who have just started to feel confident reading on their own, I would say. You may like to read the excerpts of this book here. This book is also available in Amazon and Book Depository.


With a feast on the eye for such intriguing story in the book, here comes the chance to enjoy a visual and audio feast on the play. The Olivier Award nominated Wizard Presents brings best-selling children’s author Michael Morpurgo’s treasured story to life. You can now watch I Believe in Unicorns at SOTA from 4th to 7th Feburary. Book you tickets here.





A point to highlight to my readers. 
Although I find the story interesting, there was a part on Noah's Ark mentioned that I am not comfortable with. Being a Christian, I immediately knew that the part on Noah's Ark was twisted. So I made it a point to explain to AJ that what was mentioned in the book is only a story, a fiction. Only what was mentioned in the Holy Bible is the truth. If you are a Christian parent, you may like to take note of this.

Other than this, I do find this book a very good read for 6-7 years old. I certainly look forward to the play!


"Buildings they can destroy

Dreams they cannot"



Comments

Popular Posts