君伟上小学

This is a monthly post on 'Book or Web/Mobile Application for Children'. Every 3rd week of the month I will post on a review on books that AJ has read or web/mobile application that he has tried on.

Jan - Sherlock Sam & the Missing Heirloom in Katong
Feb - UpToTen (Boowa & Koala) Online Educational Website for Pre-Schoolers
Mar - Sherlock Sam & the Vanished Robot in Penang
Apr - How To Think Like A Scientist
May - The Rock & The Bird


Not sure if you would agree with me, I find that there is a serious lack of good & appropriate Chinese books for our children to read here in Singapore.  By that, I meant books that could help our children to improve their comprehension & writing skills, yet interesting enough to keep them entertained.


I came across this series from National Library Board (NLB) recently.  After looking through the table of content & flipping through some pages, I reckoned that AJ might like it, but I wasn't too confident.  Nonetheless, I borrowed << 君伟上小学:1年级鲜事多>> although he is now in primary 2.  Since this is the 1st book of the series, I thought it should set the foundation of the storyline so it would be easier for him to read preceding books should he find it interesting.

As it turned out, he liked this book. Hooray! I could now safely borrow book no. 2 for him!

The author who wrote this series is quite a renowned author in Taiwan Children Literature.  As a mom herself, she wrote this series from the perspective of her son.  The books record incidents that happen in school, often hilarious events.  A child who reads them can easily associate with the stories because the incidents would have either happened to him/her before or his/her friends.  I hope this book series could spur some interest in your children to read Chinese books too.

You can find this series in NLB or dangdang.com


Comments

Popular Posts