Primero Fitness Foam Rollers

[Product Review]


I exercise 4 to 6 times a week, if I am not travelling. Each session is about 30-60 minutes, depending on what I am doing. Generally I do Kayla Itsine’s BBG 3 to 4 times a week, 1 resistance band training and 1 elliptical machine workout at Active Hive. If I had to miss any of these, I will replace with low-intensity steady state (LISS aka walking) or jogging. If I have more time on hand, I will walk (5km/hr). If I am on tighter schedule, I will jog for 30 minutes. On other ‘free’ days, I will do some stretching or foam rolling. In particular, I enjoy foam rolling. It is a great way for me to relax my muscles. Foam rolling aids the muscles in recovery, injury prevention and flexibility. I noticed that ever since I incorporated stretching or foam rolling into those ‘free days’, I hardly have any muscle aches or feel any muscle strain. Even if I had (it happened a few times), the recovery period was just a day. I am super impressed.

What is Foam Rolling?

Foam rolling treats muscle immobility and pain by relaxing the contracted muscles, improving blood circulation and stimulating reflexes in muscles. It is accomplished by rolling the foam roller under each muscle group until a tender area is found, and maintaining pressure on the tender areas (known as trigger points) for 30 to 60 seconds. (source)

Applying pressure directly to the restricted muscles through foam rolling is an effective way of alleviating tension. When it improves the blood flow, it will eventually restore normal blood flow to the area(s), thus the intensity of muscle pain reduces. Foam rolling is particularly effective because you can control how much pressure you want to apply to those areas (not asking you to torture yourself though). Self-help is always better, agree?

The equipment that is used for foam rolling usually consists of a foam cylinder of various sizes; commonly 30 centimetres long, 15 centimetres in diameter. However, longer foam rolls up to 90 centimetres in length are produced for rolling over certain muscles in the back. A variety of foam roller densities exists, often denoted by the colour of the roller. Those new to foam rolling, or those who have particularly tight muscles or severe trigger points, often start with a softer foam roll. (source)

Recently, I had the chance to review 2 particular foam rollers from Primero Fitness which are useful for my needs. The first one is PaperClip (not stationery). It is a high quality solid EVA form roller that is 60cm long with diameter 15cm.


PaperClip $49 (now offer at $33)

This size is good for lower back and is gentle enough for beginners. Working adults who sit a lot will find this a great relief to their stiff shoulder at the back, and ladies who wear high heels and walk often will love the gentle ‘massage’ at the over arching spinal area. This foam roller is great for pregnant women to massage their back too.










Centenarian $69 (now offer at $46)

The Centenarian is suitable for more active personnel or athletes as its multi-grid design gives a unique foam rolling experience. It measures 33cm x 15cm. A typical PVC foam roller spoils in just a few years (if you use it often) but this foam roller is built like a tank with an indestructible core. Not surprising, it comes with a 100 year warranty (I am not joking)!





Whether you are a beginner, a fitness enthusiast, an athlete, a crossfitter or even a bodybuilder, there will be a foam roller suitable for you at Primero Fitness. But don’t risk your health by buying those cheap PVC foam roller, buy one or two quality ones that will give you a lasting therapy is more worthy an investment. With Christmas round the corner and Valentines’ Day not too far away, these foam rollers could jolly be wonderful gifts for your loved ones too. Do check out Primero Fitness for foam rollers, yoga mats and other fitness equipment too. They offer free delivery for $150 worth of purchase and all purchases come with 15-day money back guarantee. Oh, not forgetting a 10% off if you purchase dumbbells and barbells with these foam rollers! Please use discount code fitnessresolution to enjoy the offer. 


Primero Fitness


Comments

Popular Posts