Bangkok - Glow Pratunam Hotel

I haven't been to Bangkok for a decade, nobody believes that!  I don't miss that place, possibly because I am not a shopaholic. I do find shopping a waste of my time.  I shop only when I need to get something, & often, it is buy & go.

But the father has a long break in September, yet AJ has only 1 week of school holiday, so we settled for somewhere near, that is, Bangkok.  I invited my sister & her hubby to come along, they both were glad to join in because Bangkok is a place they love.

My sister booked the hotel, I left it to her entirely.  It turned out to be a very nice & pleasant stay.



The facade of the hotel literally glow in the night!

Glow Pratunam Hotel is about 10 mins walk from Ratchathewi BTS station

Glow Pratunam Hotel sits in the heart of Pratunam Garment District, diagonally opposite Platinum Fashion Mall, 10 mins walk from Ratchathewi BTS station (N1).  Need I say more?  Such a strategic location! 

It is directly above a 6-storey shopping mall, the hotel reception is at the 7th floor.  We were stayed on the 20th floor, which is the top floor.  I love this hotel for many things:

1) The security is good.  The access card to your hotel room limits you to the floor that you are staying in.  You have to tap your card on the lift panel in order to press the button of the storey where your room is;
2) Unlimited wifi usage per user;
3) Strategic location to fashion shopping belt which sells apparel at wholesale price;
4) Proximity to BTS so that you could minimise taking taxi (bangkok is infamous for its traffic jam); 
5) The walk-through (not walk-in) wardrobe in the room, literally; &
6) International adapters in the room.

The Lobby Bar

Luna Sky Garden Cafe where we had our daily breakfast



We stayed in the Deluxe Room which is huge (29 sqm).  We were given free upgrade the next day but we didn't take up the offer because it was too troublesome to shift.  Beside, the deluxe room is already huge enough for us.

29 sqm Deluxe Room with King size bed

iPod docking station & 2 international adapters on the wall

Walk-through wardrobe so that you can retrieve clothes from room or bathroom



We paid about S$100 per room per night, which I find reasonable given the plus points.  Would I stay here again the next time I come?  Definitely, without doubt!


The boy read <Bangkok Guide for kids, by kids> to help him understand Bangkok.  We visited Madame Tussauds, Safari World & the Floating & the Railway Markets.


Comments

  1. I think I have really come on the right place for getting the perfect info.
    Hotel Bangkok | Chinese Buffet Bangkok

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts