Adonis' Chlorophyll Facial

[Sponsored]


I don't pay too much attention to my face. Maybe I should now since I have already passed 40? I used to go for facial regularly when I was working. It was so convenient then. After work, just visit a salon nearest to my workplace. But now I work from home. To dress up to go for a regular facial can be a chore to me. It takes effort, you know what I mean? Then again, no effort no gain.  Maybe I should really work on my laziness. 

The people in Adonis must have known that I am lazy, so they dragged me out of my house for their signature facial treatment. So kind of these guys.


The Adonis brand is a brand familiar to many of my peers, I believe. Having heard the enchanting advertisement song since I was a teen, I can still remember the tagline line of their advertisement on radio ‘Adonis 爱美雅’. It feels good to reconnect with Adonis again, after 3 decades :) . 

When I stepped into Adonis at VivoCity that day, wow, I was impressed. I could sense a clear market positioning here, it was no longer the mass market strategies that they adopted 3 decades ago. How outdated I am! The Adonis today offers more prestigious and upmarket services.


I was excited that day to experience one of Adonis’ signature treatments – Chlorophyll Facial, a 75-minutes treatment that aims to detox skin from everyday pollutants (S$180 per session). This facial helps to regular celluar growth, at the same time, nourishes the skin from within. It promises a fairer and firmer complexion.

Before the therapist in Adonis started anything on me, they gave me a relaxing Foot Bath infused with essential oils. I sensed myself being calmer gradually.


Then the therapist did a skin analysis of my face that revealed my dermis layers condition. As expected, the analyze showed that my skin is oily yet dehydrated.



Then my facial treatment started ... ...



I noticed that the process for each stage of this facial treatment was meticulously executed in multiple steps with different products and formulations in precise sequence. This elaborative process applies to extraction, preparation for technology application, to customized mask and all the way to after care, no details are compromised. I really loved the way my skin was being pampered.

During the treatment, Adonis’ trained therapist will deliberate which technology application best suit an individual’s skin type and current condition. For example, a Soft Light is suitable for balancing uneven skin while Sonic Transdermal is used on skin that lacks nutrients. 


The Chlorophyll treatment uses 3-piece premium-graded product kit, which consist of a Chlorophyll Selective Detox Ampoule, an energizing Chlorophyll Ginseng Mask and a homecare Chlorophyll Toner. Together, with the use of advance technologies, the products deliver active ingredients of high efficacies right to the deeper end of the epidermis.

You can see from the before and after of my face here:




I remember how I needed to avoid immediate appointments after having a facial treatment.  Not with Adonis’ Chlorophyll Facial though. In fact, I did some shopping in VivoCity, right after my facial, without any make-up because there was no sign of redness or so ever. What I had was a cleansed and hydrated face. I felt good to walk around the mall!

10 days after, as I dated this post, this is the look of the skin on my face without any moisturizer applied. It still looks very much illuminated, doesn't it?


What I have observed also is:
-          my face contour is more refined;
-          areas around the eye is lifted and firmer
-          overall skin tone is more balanced

I was given this exfoliator to try at home. It works like a facial scrub but a lot more gentle as it has no beads.


This is how it works. First, spread the transparent gel to the entire face and rub in a circular motion. Because it has no beads, it is not abrasive to the skin. After a while, some small white lumps will appear indicating dead cells and impurities have been gathered. Then I rinsed it off thoroughly with water.


I really like this Chlorophyll Facial treatment and will be back again to Adonis for a follow-up treatment in August.


About Adonis Beauty

Adonis, the Singapore-made brand, has been a purveyor of natural beauty and wellness for 30 years. The product of the consultation and cooperation with a team of herbalists, pharmacologists, and doctors, its ‘Made for Tropical’ skincare line is complemented with its studio’s tailored treatment to cater to its patrons’ various needs. The award-winning brand now operates seven outlets in Singapore and 11 Malaysian branches, as well as three cosmetology academies with associations with the Swiss Comitè International D’esthètique Et De Cosmètologie (CIDESCO) and the UK’s Confederation of International Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology (CIBTAC).

Adonis Studios
Ang Mo Kio: (+65) 6455 3255  Blk 728 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, #01-4230, S(560728)
Bedok: (+65) 6444 3033  Blk 213 Bedok North St 1, #01-111, S(460213)
Bukit Gombak: (+65) 6764 6606  Blk 372 Bukit Batok St 31, #01-368, S(650372)
Jurong East: (+65) 6563 6066  Blk 130 Jurong Gateway Road, #01-229, S(600130)
Nex: (+65) 6634 2466  23 Serangoon Central, #04-50/51 Nex Shopping Centre, S(556083)
Orchard: (+65) 6235 6566  304 Orchard Road, #06-18 Lucky Plaza, S(238863)
VivoCity: (+65) 6376 9525  1 Harbour Front Walk, #02-229 VivoCity, S(098585)

For more information, please visit:






Comments

Popular Posts